A man died during detention in Samara. The FSB called him a member of the RDK

A man died during detention in Samara.  The FSB called him a member of the RDK


In Samara, according to the FSB, special service officers prevented a terrorist attack at the point of reception of humanitarian aid, and the suspect died in a self-immolation of an explosive device during an attempt to detain him. This is reported by TASS with reference to the press service of the FSB.

The special service said that the explosion was prepared by a member of the Russian Volunteer Corps (RDK), which is fighting on the side of Ukraine. The RDC denies this.

The FSB published a video of the alleged arrest, but it does not show how the suspect died. In the background, shouts are heard calling for an object to be thrown, followed by the sound of an explosion.

According to Baza, the deceased is 30-year-old Andrey Zhvakin. It is claimed that he died in mid-March, why the FSB reported this only now is not clear. Baza confirms the version of the FSB that during the arrest request, an improvised explosive device allegedly exploded in his hands. The identity of the deceased has not been officially confirmed.

Earlier, “Idel.Realii” reported that in September 2022, Samara activist Andrey Zhvakin held a single anti-war picket, at which he was detained. Later, the court found him guilty of the so-called discrediting of the army and imposed a fine of 30,000 rubles. In February 2023, Andrey Zhvakin said that the police had beaten him during the detention of activist Vladimir Avdonin at a solitary picket.

The RDC stated that the deceased Andrey Zhvakin was not related to the organization. This was stated by “Sote” the press secretary of the RDC, Ilya Bogdanov, according to whom the Russian special services “will blame all possible terrorist attacks” on the organization.

In early March, the FSB reported the prevention of a terrorist attack in Olonets (Karelia) and the murder of Belarusian activist Nikolai Alekseev, who was allegedly planning to carry out an explosion. Thus, we are talking about the second case of the death of a person suspected of preparing a terrorist attack in the course of one month, when the FSB officers tried to detain him.


Original Source Link