Ukrainian oligarch and businessman Ihor Kolomoisky was notified of another, already third, suspicion.
Source: Serhiy Leshchenko, adviser to the head of the Office of the President, in Telegram
Details: according to Leshchenko, this is the result of an investigation carried out by the Bureau of Economic Security.
According to the documents, Kolomoiskyi is suspected of:
- in the organization of forgery of documents for the transfer of funds,
- in the organization of taking over someone else’s property by an organized group, in particularly large amounts,
- in the acquisition and disposal of property, in respect of which the factual circumstances testify to its acquisition by criminal means.
The pre-trial investigation established that Kolomoisky organized and led an organized group. It also included the head of the capital branch of “Privatbank” Serhii Volkov and other officials of the capital branch and head office of “Privatbank”.
Kolomoiskyi, as the organizer, and other members of the group developed a plan of criminal activity aimed at seizing the funds of “Privatbank”. It consisted in artificially creating the appearance of depositing cash funds on behalf of Kolomoiskyi to the cash desk of the head office of “Privatbank”, accounting for them, processing the transportation of non-existent cash funds by collectors, etc.
Artificial deposits of cash on behalf of Kolomoisky took place in the period from March 26, 2013 to February 18, 2014 for a total amount of 5 billion 878 million hryvnias.
In the future, non-cash funds in the amount of 5.878 billion hryvnias were legalized by transferring them to a number of recipients:
- LLC “FC DNIPRO”,
- on Kolomoisky’s own account,
- organization “UNITED JEWISH COMMUNITY OF UKRAINE”,
- LLC “PROTON-21”,
- LLC “YUBI”,
- LLC “FC GAMBIT”,
- PJSC “NPK-HALYCHINA”,
- replenishment of own card account in “PRIVATBANK”,
- to a bank account in JSC “IBOX BANK” with subsequent transfer of funds to the accounts of non-resident companies:
- MARKS AND SOKOLOV LLC (USA),
- HUGHES HUBBARD AND REED LLP (USA),
- FIELDFISHER LLP (Great Britain),
- NOMEA LAW FIRM (Switzerland).
- On September 2, the Security Service of Ukraine, the Bureau of Economic Security and the Prosecutor General’s Office charged Kolomoyskyi with suspicion under Articles 190 and 209 of the Criminal Code: fraud and legalization (laundering) of property obtained through crime.
- The Shevchenkiv District Court of Kyiv chose a preventive measure for Kolomoisky in the form of detention for a period of 60 days with the possibility of making a bail in the amount of almost 510 million hryvnias.
- On September 7, NABU detectives, with the approval of the SAP, notified the ultimate beneficial owner of PJSC CB “PrivatBank” and five members of a group organized by him about the suspicion of embezzlement of bank funds in the amount of more than UAH 9.2 billion.
- On September 8, the National Anti-Corruption Bureau and the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office seized Kolomoisky’s assets and property for 2 days.
- He faces up to 12 years in prison