Doctors of the Dnipro regional center of emergency medicine saved a 12-year-old boy who was in a state of clinical death due to an overdose of medication. They fought for the child’s life for 77 minutes.
According to Viktor Palchynskyi, the center’s medic, the boy drank a large dose of an antiarrhythmic drug, a drug used to treat and prevent heart rhythm disorders.
According to the doctor, why the 12-year-old boy decided to drink these drugs is currently unknown. His parents are doctors, so at first they tried to help their son on their own, and when he lost consciousness, they called an ambulance.
When the “ambulance” doctors arrived, the child was in serious condition.
|PHOTO: from the page of Viktor Palchynskyi in somerezh
“The EMD team of the Soborna substation urgently arrived at the call and found a patient with signs of clinical death. They implemented the “cardiac arrest” protocol and called the intensive care and resuscitation team to help.
The efforts of the medics did not stop for a second, they fought for the boy’s life for 77 minutes“, added Viktor Palchynskyi.
In the end, the doctors managed to restore the heart rhythm, the boy began to have a purposeful motor activity, a reaction to the voice. He was urgently hospitalized in the intensive care unit of a specialized hospital.
“The emotions felt by the crew after completing this challenge cannot be described or conveyed. But they will be understood by every doctor who has at least once participated in a successful life-saving operation.
It is a pleasant “fire” inside, it is a victory over death“, the doctor shares his emotions.
In a comment for “UP. Life”, Viktor Palchynskyi noted that the child is currently in the intensive care unit, her condition is stable.
Read also: They took tissue from the cheek: a boy with a congenital defect of the palate was operated on in Lviv